VOLUNTEERS ARE NOT PAID, NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE WORTHLESS, BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE PRICELESS!
Our volunteers are the heart and soul of Peninsula Friends of Animals. Without their dedication and hard work it would not be possible for us to do the work that we do. The activities that volunteers are involved in cover the entire spectrum of our operations. Below is a sampling of the areas where volunteers are invaluable.
DIRECT ANIMAL CONTACT
- Bottle feed kittens in your home, or provide temporary foster care for animals in your home.
- Groom or socialize with animals at Safe Haven.
- Transport animals to and from veterinarians for medical care, or spay/neuter.
HELP WITH PFOA PROGRAMS
- Assist with the Spay/Neuter Clinics and programs.
- Work with the Trap/Neuter/Return Team.
- Pick up or deliver supplies & food for our emergency food bank.
- Respond to & co-ordinate participants in our Sponsorship program at home or the shelter.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND PUBLICITY
- Make adoption or Spay/Neuter posters and/or develop informational brochures.
- Distribute posters and flyers and/or distribute our quarterly newsletter, Pet Tidings.
- Create videos.
- Present the PFOA message before groups.
- Develop advertising notices and/or work with media to publicize our events and programs.
- Help develop and plan events, and/or work at the events.
- Collect money from donation jars and product sales.
- Develop and produce fundraising items, or place donated items on eBay, monitor and ship.
- Help prepare quarterly fundraising letters for mailing.
RECORD KEEPING AND GENERAL OFFICE WORK
- Update computer systems and back up computer data.
- Correspondence, assorted filing, track animal or program source documents
- Enter and update documents and phone work.
SAFE HAVEN CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Assist Shelter Manager where needed.
- Assist Executive Director where needed.
- Laundry – socialize the animals and do a load or two of laundry.
- Sanitize shelter equipment, quarantine or isolation area.
- Grounds maintenance – mowing, weeding, etc.
This is a sampling of the various jobs our volunteers do or have done, or things that PFOA dreams of having done. If any of them are of interest to you please contact the shelter. If your prior experiences suggest other tasks where your skills might benefit the animals, please let’s talk. If the jobs listed seem as if they might require more time than you have available, please be aware that we often need backups, or vacation fill-ins for some jobs and for others we have a team of volunteers.
So if you want to be part of the solution, please contact us by phone or email or submit a membership/volunteer form and let us know your area of interest so that the right person can return your call. Our message number is 360-452-0414.